Friday, August 26, 2011

 Having written a Novel, I've decided to give it a stage and take you on the adventure with me if you wish to join me.
 I've decided to try entrepreneurship and publish with Smashwords. I like the idea of keeping the rights to what I wrote. :)
I decided on Smashwords so that no ereader owners would be left out of the circle of reading my novel if they so choose and Smashwords will enable this. Thanks ahead SWs!
 Next was the decission on rather to create my own cover for my book or pay to have it done. I purchased Photoshop Elements 9 and spent hours playing with a photo I took for the front of my book - no luck - I just can't figure out the program fast enough! So I checked Mark's list from the Smashwords style guide and got a list of people who design covers. I went to their web sites and emailed them and decided to use Cal Sharp. He was great! Thanks Cal! He used my photo and added a really cool background and the book title and my name. He sent me several options and incorporated mine and my husbands ideas till we came to the perfect fit. That's good customer service and I'm a pleased customer as a result. Did I mention he's very very affordable? He is. Here's his contact info http://www.caligraphics.net/joomla/
Next I will attatch the cover to my book file and send it to the formatter. Sounds easy right - hope so; I'm a bit technically challanged.
 I'll letcha know how the formatting goes and then toot my horn for the formatter too - I hope. :)
 I started this blog so the formatter can attatch a hyperlink to it on my copyright page when I publish so my readers can find me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment